Mr. Armstrong A.P. United States U.S. History Glacier High School
Summer Assignment: 2014
Welcome to APUSH… here is what you need to do:
1. Check out from the library the textbook: The American Pageant: 13th Edition
· If you wish to purchase one on line you may do so.
2. Purchase a small 3-ringed binder for the materials to be turned in on the first day of class.
3. Chapters 1-5 are assigned. Read each chapter very carefully and go to the following website and print out the chapter notes for each chapter. You must have a “hard copy.” Highlight and annotate in the margins as you read each chapter. Annotations…notes…and highlights must demonstrate real effort. I will collect these materials the first day of class.
4. Go to my blog and locate the “Digital History” link. Print Ch. 1-4 exercises. Read…highlight and annotate (notes in margin) each very carefully and complete the “Suggested Student Exercises” at the end of each chapter. This is a supplement to the textbook and offers additional and sophisticated analysis. Place these in your notebook …behind your Textbook materials.
5. Check out the links on the blog before you enter class…they will assist you in remarkable ways!!!!
WHAT’s DUE?: A 3-ringed binder with 5 chapter outlines…printed, highlighted and annotated from American Pageant 13th Edition. As well as 4 chapters from Digital History… printed, highlighted and annotated and with the exercises for each! (100 POINTS...equals an EXAM grade)
WHY?: To ensure you have an in-depth look at the Colonial Period in American History before you walk into the classroom! We gotta hit the ground running!!!!
We will collect these the first day of class…and test your knowledge with a graded “Partner Review Sheet Exercise.”
AP = Exceeding Expectations!!!!!
I bet you can’t wait!!!! See you next year!